Sunday, June 7, 2015

my name is jasmyn lefagaoali'i nuga and i have chronic kidney disease

in december of 2014, before christmas, i fell. EVERYTHING went downhill after that -- but the worst thing that happened last year... i lost the love of my life, my hero, MY DADDY a few months before.



now i don't know if my condition worsened because i was in a slum mentally, emotionally and physically, but i've been a diabetic for almost 20 years, perhaps even as a child.

i was rushed to the er because i couldn't breathe. a week or so after my fall, my mom noticed i hadn't been getting up and when i finally did, my belly was 5X its normal size.  she was so scared, HELL, i was scared because the unthinkable was finally coming to pass -- i was gonna need dialysis and fast!  sure enough, as my brothers waited for the er doc to come in to see me, the nephrologist (my Dad's nephrologist) came in first to tell me my kidneys were failing.

it took them an entire hospital stay to realize i needed to be dialyzed.  my next visit, they finally dialyzed me every day for a whole two weeks.  it was the hardest thing i had to deal with in life, and believe me, i've been through a lot since 1998 when i was diagnosed with a brain tumor.

my name is jasmyn lefagaoali'i and this is my story of chronic kidney disease, my journey through it all and hopefully, the happy ending.

love,
faga

No comments:

Post a Comment